74th ISE Annual Meeting with strong MeBattery representation
The 74th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry took place on September 3-8, 2023 in Lyon, France.
About 1.800 participants had registered from all across the world. Thus, the congress provided an excellent opportunity for electrochemists to engage in fruitful discussions in an atmosphere of friendly exchange in Lyon’s Convention Centre. A total of 16 different symposia took place covering topics such as Analytical Electrochemistry, Batteries, Operando Electrochemistry, and many more.
MeBattery was strongly represented at ISE 2023 with several oral contributions and a poster:
- Oral presentation “Towards Totally Aqueous Membrane-free Flow Batteries: Fundamentals and Challenges” by Rebeca Marcilla (IMDEA Energy)
- Oral presentation “Non-functionalized TEMPO-based Aqueous Catholyte for High Capacity Aqueous Redox Flow Batteries” by Paula Navalpotro (IMDEA Energy)
- Oral presentation “Accelerated Evaluation of the Integrity of the Solid-Electrolyte Interphase on Silicon-Graphite Eletrodes during Charge-Discharge Cycles by means of SECM” by Nomnotho Jiyane (Ruhr University Bochum)
- Oral presentation “Disclosing the Electronic Properties of the Native Solid Electrolyte Interface in Mg-ion batteries by means of Scanning electrochemical Microscopy” by Carla Santana Santos (Ruhr University Bochum)
- Oral presentation “The Redox-Mediated Nickel-Metal Hydride Flow Battery Enables Decoupling of Energy and Power for a Traditional Battery Chemistry” by Edgar Ventosa (University of Burgos)
- Oral presentation “Operando Raman Spectroscopy for Electrochemical Flowing Systems” by Lara Lubian (University of Burgos)
- Poster “Nanoelectrochemistry as a Tool to Interrogate Solid/Liquid Interface Reactions in Mediated Flow Batteries” by Carla Santana Santos (Ruhr University Bochum)
For more information about the ISE 2023, visit their website.